By now, you should have received your red envelope in the mail, facilitating your local year-end donations through One Call for All. Here is our pitch for you to include Housing Resources Bainbridge in your selection.
- Bainbridge Island is a positive, unique, and connected community.
- Escalating rents and real estate prices threaten the social and cultural diversity of Bainbridge Island. Many of our neighbors are struggling and even leaving the Island because of the high cost of housing. Some are young with families, some are retired, some are disabled, and many do vital work here that keeps the community going.
- Statistics tell us what we already feel: that a balanced and diverse community is a healthier and happier community with more trust and less crime, more social mobility, and longer lives.
- The 2016 City of Bainbridge Island Community Needs Assessment Report revealed that Bainbridge residents and service providers identified affordable housing as one of the most important unmet needs on the Island.
- Housing Resources Bainbridge is Bainbridge Island’s only independent, non-profit, affordable housing provider and advocate.
- HRB is committed to ensuring the diversity and vitality of Bainbridge Island by providing and maintaining affordable housing opportunities in the community.
If you care about this place we call home, help us in our work to keep it home, for all of our neighbors. Make a donation to HRB, either in the mail or online.
Thank you from all of us.